Tahitian Tea Dip
I made this dip intending it to be Thai, but my friend,
kept misnaming it as a "Tahitian Dip" or a "Tea Dip". In honour of his
inability to remember the name of this dish, I call it the Tahitian Tea Dip.
- Red onions
- Shredded coconut
- Habañeros or
- Cinnamon sticks
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat some oil. Dice one red onion well and saute till soft.
- Dice the habañeros well. Clear some space in the pan and saute
the chillies in the space. After some time mix them all up.
- In a blender, add about 2 tablespoons of dhania seeds, 4 cloves of
garlic, a finger of ginger and a stick of cinnamon. Add about 2 cups of
salted peanuts (unsweetened peanut butter works just as well) and some
water. Blend the mixture well.
- Reduce heat to medium and pour peanut mix into onions. Mix well. Fold
in shredded coconut and parmesan cheese. Garnish with shredded basil or
- Serve with chips or over French bread, or use as gravy (with water)
for cooking vegetables or chicken.