Beef & Beans
This creation of mine is for the lowly non-vegetarians amongst us. It came
about when we were short on groceries and I was short on time (which is the
main reason I invent recipes anyway!). It's quick to cook and quite filling
- Thaw the sausages a bit and then cut them into cubes. Don't make them
too small - the size of a marble should be small enough.
- Heat up some oil and when it is hot, throw the beef in. I guess, pork
also should taste just as well. Gently stir the beef in the oil till the beef
gets reddish - it does, believe me! It'll also get all soft and
- Add the beans. Some salt to taste. Remember that the beef
is probably salted in the first place.
- Add very little turmeric powder and a little chili powder. You could
in fact, even dispense with those two.
- Add the peas too and saute. Continue till the stuff is well cooked
and some of the beef gets crispy.
- Serve with tortillas to make burritos.